Welcome to issue 307 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from September 14 to 20, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- Qfwfq: I seq what you mean.
- trap_exit_: if haskell makes programmers 10x more productive, then why are there not better haskell ides? :-)
Fuuzetsu: trap_exit_: because you don't need one when you're 10x more productive already ;P
- joshcough: im just surprised when im looking for something and i dont find a package by ed kmett.
Top Reddit Stories
- Wayward Tide is Being Written in Haskell. From (blog.chucklefish.org), scored 131 with 30 comments.
- Hython: The simplest possible language. From (callcc.io), scored 82 with 16 comments.
- Hey /r/haskell, we're hiring!. From (blog.chucklefish.org), scored 79 with 49 comments.
- hindent: A Haskell indenter. From (chrisdone.com), scored 58 with 18 comments.
- Reflecting strictness in Haskell types. From (h2.jaguarpaw.co.uk), scored 51 with 27 comments.
- Towards Shake 1.0. From (neilmitchell.blogspot.com), scored 49 with 7 comments.
- Formatting in Haskell (Chris Done). From (chrisdone.com), scored 49 with 11 comments.
- Haskell Dice of Doom - Part 1. From (derekmcloughlin.github.io), scored 39 with 6 comments.
- Beginner error messages in C++ vs Haskell. From (izbicki.me), scored 39 with 65 comments.
- Blog: GHC Weekly News - 2014/09/15. From (ghc.haskell.org), scored 28 with 0 comments.
- Let's Build a Browser Engine in Haskell: part 3. From (hrothen.github.io), scored 27 with 8 comments.
- ANN: best-haskell - haskell download ranking. From (best-haskell.herokuapp.com), scored 24 with 11 comments.
- ICFP "The Ghost of Church" - writeup by Olle Fredriksson who was the first to solve it!. From (reddit.com), scored 23 with 3 comments.
- What is wrong with the Monoid instance for Maybe?. From (self.haskell), scored 21 with 21 comments.
- Inferring Algebraic Effects. From (lmcs-online.org), scored 20 with 0 comments.
- Are typeclasses essential? (includes Luke Palmer's view on it). From (stackoverflow.com), scored 19 with 30 comments.
- Built on Haskell: Findmelike - visual search for art. From (findmelike.com), scored 19 with 1 comments.
- Let's Build a Browser Engine in Haskell: setting up tests. From (hrothen.github.io), scored 17 with 9 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Are typeclasses essential? votes: 20, answers: 4
- Ambigous instance resolution in Haskell votes: 14, answers: 2
- Understanding the casts involved in patterns matching a datatype that is indexed over a user defined kind votes: 11, answers: 1
- What does fixIO do? votes: 10, answers: 2
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz