Welcome to issue 306 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from September 07 to 13, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- prophile: at this point ekmett is more part of the language than a practitioner of it
- Qfwfq: Simon is a title, not a forename.
Top Reddit Stories
- Haskell for all: Morte: an intermediate language for super-optimizing functional programs. From (haskellforall.com), scored 110 with 83 comments.
- AMP has landed in GHC Main!. From (haskell.org), scored 88 with 71 comments.
- [Meta] What's with all these downvotes on beginner questions?. From (self.haskell), scored 69 with 67 comments.
- Haskell Implementors Workshop 2014 videos [youtube]. From (youtube.com), scored 59 with 11 comments.
- FP Complete is hiring: Haskell web UI developer. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 59 with 14 comments.
- How to get (approx) stack traces with profiled builds. From (self.haskell), scored 46 with 15 comments.
- Hakaru: An embedded probabilistic programming language. From (indiana.edu), scored 40 with 10 comments.
- Why does David Turner say type classes were a bad idea?. From (self.haskell), scored 37 with 96 comments.
- Let's Build a Browser Engine in Haskell: Part 2. From (hrothen.github.io), scored 33 with 14 comments.
- Proposal for copatterns in Idris. From (github.com), scored 30 with 38 comments.
- GHC Blog: Static pointers and serialisation (by SPJ). From (ghc.haskell.org), scored 28 with 2 comments.
- introduction to the basic lens operators. From (intolerable.me), scored 26 with 12 comments.
- Prisms lead to typeclasses for subtractive types. From (gelisam.blogspot.ca), scored 22 with 6 comments.
- Preventing memoization in (AI) search problems. From (okmij.org), scored 22 with 16 comments.
- A shallow survey of formal methods for C code. From (imperialviolet.org), scored 21 with 7 comments.
- Haskell Lectures. From (shuklan.com), scored 21 with 1 comments.
- A Netwire 5 Tutorial. From (self.haskell), scored 20 with 5 comments.
- Haskell Symposium talk on inline Objective-C in Haskell. From (speakerdeck.com), scored 20 with 0 comments.
- HaLVM / Unikernel talk at the Xen User Summit on Monday, September 15th. From (sched.co), scored 19 with 8 comments.
- Fun with (Extended Kalman) Filters. From (idontgetoutmuch.wordpress.com), scored 18 with 2 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Why does OCaml sometimes require eta expansion? votes: 12, answers: 1
- Can Haskell evaluate and not garbage collect random indexes in a list? votes: 11, answers: 2
- How do I install dependencies when cross compiling haskell code? votes: 10, answers: 1
- Haskell lenses: how to make view play nicely with traverse? votes: 10, answers: 3
- Is there an instance of Monad but not of MonadFix? votes: 10, answers: 2
- How can the continuation monad be expressed using the free monad? votes: 10, answers: 3
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz