Welcome to issue 308 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from September 21 to 27, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- No one @remember'd fun stuff in IRC -- sadness!
Top Reddit Stories
- The GHC source code contains 1088 TODOs, please help bring that number down. From (self.haskell), scored 137 with 101 comments.
- [Elm] "Controlling Time and Space: understanding the many formulations of FRP" by Evan Czaplicki. From (youtube.com), scored 77 with 25 comments.
- Visualisation of Haskell Performance (thesis, pdf). From (personal.leeds.ac.uk), scored 72 with 14 comments.
- shell-conduit: Write shell scripts in Haskell with Conduit. From (chrisdone.com), scored 70 with 22 comments.
- Time travel made easy - Introducing Elm Reactor. From (elm-lang.org), scored 57 with 0 comments.
- THIS is why you should hire Haskellers. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 53 with 36 comments.
- "Edwin Brady on Idris" in the Type Theory Podcast. From (typetheorypodcast.com), scored 50 with 87 comments.
- Neil Mitchell's Haskell Blog: GHCID. From (neilmitchell.blogspot.com), scored 50 with 57 comments.
- "Coder Decoder: Functional Programmer Lingo Explained". From (youtube.com), scored 46 with 10 comments.
- Snake in haskell < 170 lines [My first haskell app]. From (self.haskell), scored 46 with 42 comments.
- "Writing a game in Haskell" by Elise Huard. From (youtube.com), scored 40 with 9 comments.
- Automasymbolic Differentiation. From (jtobin.ca), scored 32 with 11 comments.
- Codewars now supports Haskell!. From (codewars.com), scored 31 with 17 comments.
- HIW 2014: Lennart Augustsson: Better type-error messages (very funny). From (youtube.com), scored 29 with 10 comments.
- Tetris in Haskell with Netwire and GLFW. From (scrambledeggsontoast.github.io), scored 28 with 12 comments.
- Leksah 0.14.1 includes a Web Inspector. From (self.haskell), scored 24 with 6 comments.
- Finger Trees - Tutorial and IHaskell Notebook. From (andrew.gibiansky.com), scored 24 with 1 comments.
- Getting a Quick Fix on Comonads (talk at Boston Haskell, Sept. 17). From (youtube.com), scored 24 with 19 comments.
- Parametricity: Money for Nothing and Theorems for Free -- Bartosz Milewski. From (bartoszmilewski.com), scored 23 with 27 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- what does Haskell's <|> operator do? votes: 35, answers: 4
- Does creating a (non-list) data structure via fromList actually create the list? votes: 14, answers: 1
- Why does <$> and <*> take input in an order opposite of >>=? votes: 14, answers: 2
- Check memory usage in haskell votes: 13, answers: 1
- What are the differences between layers and extensible-effects? votes: 11, answers: 2
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz