Welcome to issue 303 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from August 17 to 23, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- monochrom: "point free" can be decomposed to: "point" refers to ".", "free" refers to using no "$". :)
Top Reddit Stories
- λ Bubble Pop!. From (chrisuehlinger.com), scored 97 with 41 comments.
- The fundamental problem of programming language package management. From (blog.ezyang.com), scored 82 with 54 comments.
- How Programming language subreddits talk (including Haskell). From (github.com), scored 72 with 31 comments.
- A fast, generic and type-safe image processing library written in Haskell. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 59 with 27 comments.
- GHC company-mode. From (github.com), scored 58 with 7 comments.
- Hase - bringing state-of-the-art NLP to Haskell. From (github.com), scored 55 with 8 comments.
- Lens 4.4 release notes. From (self.haskell), scored 54 with 18 comments.
- Jobs: Haskell developer roles at Standard Chartered. From (donsbot.wordpress.com), scored 48 with 21 comments.
- Speeding up conduit. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 42 with 27 comments.
- Why is GHC Runtime Enviornment in C?. From (self.haskell), scored 39 with 34 comments.
- An introduction to QuickCheck by example: Number theory and Okasaki's red-black trees. From (matt.might.net), scored 37 with 1 comments.
- [ANN] dash-haskell: Package dependency approximate documentation look-up & access for IDE(s) (Emacs,Vim+). From (github.com), scored 31 with 9 comments.
- Deprecating yesod-platform. From (yesodweb.com), scored 30 with 10 comments.
- Building Monad Transformers.. From (jakubarnold.cz), scored 25 with 8 comments.
- Better code readability with Vim Haskell Conceal+. From (github.com), scored 20 with 44 comments.
- What's the best practice for building a DSL in haskell?. From (self.haskell), scored 19 with 22 comments.
- Object-Oriented Style Overloading for Haskell. From (research.microsoft.com), scored 18 with 9 comments.
- SmartChecking Matt Might’s Red-Black Trees. From (leepike.wordpress.com), scored 18 with 0 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- What kinds of type errors can Haskell catch at compile time that Java cannot? [closed] votes: 23, answers: 4
- How to link custom object file with Haskell library votes: 18, answers: 0
- Finding where <<loop>> happened votes: 17, answers: 2
- What exactly makes Option a monad in Scala? votes: 17, answers: 3
- Arrow without arr votes: 16, answers: 0
- max and min with NaN in Haskell votes: 15, answers: 3
- Simplifying a GADT with Uniplate votes: 11, answers: 1
- Trying to apply CPS to an interpreter votes: 9, answers: 1
- Jumping forward with the continuation monad votes: 8, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz