Welcome to issue 304 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from August 24 to 30, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- pjdelport: Haskell: Lazy evaluation, eager debugging.
- trap_exit: isn't hoogle awesome? the first time I used it, I was like "for the first time in my life, google sucks"
Top Reddit Stories
- Hython - a Haskell-powered Python 3 interpreter. From (github.com), scored 95 with 22 comments.
- Using Emacs for Haskell development. From (github.com), scored 89 with 47 comments.
- Ivory Language. From (ivorylang.org), scored 70 with 36 comments.
- A taste of Cabalized Backpack : Inside 206-105. From (blog.ezyang.com), scored 61 with 73 comments.
- Introducing /r/haskellgamedev. From (self.haskell), scored 58 with 20 comments.
- Acme.StringlyTyped. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 44 with 11 comments.
- A new version of Yampa is out (0.9.6). From (keera.co.uk), scored 43 with 16 comments.
- On CodeWorld and Haskell. From (cdsmith.wordpress.com), scored 41 with 23 comments.
- Introduction to Dependent Types: Haskell on Steroids. From (jozefg.bitbucket.org), scored 37 with 17 comments.
- Evaluation order and state tokens - School of Haskell. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 35 with 24 comments.
- IO Monad and Purity. From (stackoverflow.com), scored 34 with 13 comments.
- [ANN] Haste 0.4, now with GHC 7.8 support and binary packages. From (groups.google.com), scored 33 with 5 comments.
- darcs 2.8.5 released. From (lists.osuosl.org), scored 30 with 0 comments.
- Yarr - image processing library and partial Repa clone. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 28 with 8 comments.
- conduit stream fusion. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 28 with 15 comments.
- New blog post: Dealing with Asynchronous Exceptions during Resource Acquisition. From (well-typed.com), scored 28 with 34 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Zipper Comonads, Generically votes: 43, answers: 3
- Test if a value matches a constructor votes: 25, answers: 3
- What is the difference between a cyclic list and an infinite list in haskell? votes: 16, answers: 2
- Powerset Function 1-Liner votes: 13, answers: 1
- How to make a binary tree zipper an instance of Comonad? votes: 13, answers: 1
- Is there a better performing alternative to read and show in Haskell? votes: 11, answers: 1
- QuickCheck: How to use exhaustiveness checker to prevent forgotten constructors of a sum type votes: 11, answers: 2
- Why does FRP consider time as a factor for values? votes: 10, answers: 2
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz