Welcome to issue 292 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from April 13 to 19, 2014
Edward Kemett wrote in to remind us of the Call For Proposals for CUFP 2014, which is going to be held in Gothenburg, Sweden between September 4-6. See more details here.
Quotes of the Week
- pdxleif: see s.p. jones & h.p. lovecraft's paper on the subject: "generic programming with lenses, barbed wire, and the fibres of sanity"
Top Reddit Stories
- A time traveling debugger for Elm - pause, rewind, replay, and change history. From (debug.elm-lang.org), scored 87 with 6 comments.
- OC: Haskell programming font with ligatures. From (github.com), scored 78 with 59 comments.
- Porting GHC: A Tale of Two Architectures. From (chiark.greenend.org.uk), scored 77 with 12 comments.
- Try Idris. From (tryidris.org), scored 70 with 22 comments.
- Why are examples completely absent from hackage? Am I missing something?. From (self.haskell), scored 67 with 68 comments.
- Implementing Python in Haskell - Melbourne Haskell Users Group, April 24. From (meetup.com), scored 53 with 6 comments.
- Blog post - Haskell Gets Static Typing Right - Andres Löh. From (skillsmatterblog.wordpress.com), scored 51 with 25 comments.
- Haskell for all: Scalable program architectures. From (haskellforall.com), scored 45 with 19 comments.
- GHC 7.8′s -staticlib flag makes compiling Mac libs easy. From (maxs.io), scored 42 with 5 comments.
- Autocomplete command line options with GHC 7.8. From (self.haskell), scored 39 with 10 comments.
- How to learn Haskell. From (acm3.wustl.edu), scored 39 with 16 comments.
- Calling Python from Haskell. From (lunaryorn.com), scored 36 with 14 comments.
- "latest API" link in Hackage. From (self.haskell), scored 30 with 15 comments.
- Functional Pearl: F for Functor. From (cs.ox.ac.uk), scored 27 with 14 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Idris eager evaluation votes: 14, answers: 1
- Why use such a peculiar function type in monads? votes: 11, answers: 4
- How does mapA work with a Stream Function Arrow in Haskell? votes: 8, answers: 1
- Lenses and Monomorphism Restriction votes: 8, answers: 2
- Is this a GHC bug? votes: 7, answers: 1
- Why do some of threepenny-gui FRP combinators operate on a MonadIO monad instead of being pure? votes: 6, answers: 2
- S combinator in Haskell votes: 6, answers: 2
- Graphing criterion benchmarks taking different orders of magnitude of time votes: 6, answers: 1
- Fun with fixity votes: 6, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz