Welcome to issue 289 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from April 1 to 5, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- edwardk: Zombies are expensive.
Top Reddit Stories
- foldl is broken!. From (well-typed.com), scored 148 with 63 comments.
- A small Haskell extension. From (augustss.blogspot.nl), scored 76 with 23 comments.
- New GHC Features for 7.10.1 and Beyond. From (haskell.org), scored 74 with 26 comments.
- Libc considered harmful. From (sylvain-henry.info), scored 58 with 28 comments.
- Category Theory by Tom LaGatta. From (youtube.com), scored 58 with 53 comments.
- Idris 0.9.12 released with major laziness, codata, and documentation updates plus metavars in types. From (idris-lang.org), scored 55 with 25 comments.
- A cool paper I found on "Functional Programming and 3D Games". It discusses everything from collision detection to physics and texturing. [PDF]. From (cse.unsw.edu.au), scored 52 with 3 comments.
- Error reporting with locations. From (augustss.blogspot.fr), scored 47 with 28 comments.
- [ANN] Haste now has a website and a mailing list. From (haste-lang.org), scored 42 with 7 comments.
- Haskell in the Newsroom. From (infoq.com), scored 41 with 5 comments.
- Haskell application architecture best practices. From (self.haskell), scored 32 with 23 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Haskell - Is it possible to make pointfree functions more readable using different combinators than (.)? votes: 11, answers: 1
- How to detect if a program has been compiled using -threaded? votes: 10, answers: 2
- What does the star mean in this haskell code? votes: 9, answers: 2
- What about arrows? votes: 9, answers: 2
- Triggering a documentation update for a Hackage package votes: 8, answers: 1
- Combining Data.Dynamic and type classes votes: 7, answers: 0
- Systematically applying a function to all fields of a haskell record votes: 6, answers: 3
- Transforming a List of 2-Tuples in Haskell votes: 6, answers: 3
- Error in ghci which I cannot reproduce in written haskell file votes: 6, answers: 1
- Why can I call a monadic function without supplying a monad? votes: 6, answers: 1
- Deriving default instances using GHC.Generics votes: 6, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz