April 3, 2014

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 289

Welcome to issue 289 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from March 1 to 31, 2014

So... where have I been?

My wife and I recently welcomed into the world our new baby, and as some of you have already experienced, I was doing good getting *some* sleep at night. Life has slowly started to get back to a more predictable rhythm, and I am sure glad to be back doing this. For a while there I thought that any project of mine before bambina was going to have to be put into permament hold, but things are getting very manageble now.

Sorry for the abscense! I was somewhat pleased to see that some in -cafe wondered if this was coming back... this one is for you!

Some have mentioned that they wish to see more of the "reviews" that HWN used to have of blog entries, and/or email chains in the different mailing lists. I understand that dessire. I'm probably going to need some extra hands to write those, if there are to be back. Maybe we can start with something "lighter", a la tl;dr. I'm stil trying to work out how we'd do that exacly. I'll keep you all posted.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Quotes of the Week

  • acowley: I will push machines-concurrent to hackage one fine day
    edwardk: not concurrent-machines ?
    acowley: Man, I walked right into that bike shed
  • malc: I have a coworker who constantly reads haskell stuff at work, nudged him towards the lens talk, that should push him towards actually doing work at work.
  • Fuuzetsu: I know someone who pulls in Lens just for & and ??
  • Eduard_Munteanu: Don't put your money in monads, you can never get it back. :P

Top Reddit Stories

Top StackOverflow Questions

Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz

No comments: