Welcome to issue 276 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of August 4 to 10, 2013.
Quotes of the Week
- AndrazBajt: co-worker = producer of work tasks
- Brend: I have created a revolutionary AI from first principles! Also, can anyone tell me how to draw coloured dots on the screen?
- nejucomo: nejucomo can't resist a good wooly yak.
Top Reddit Stories
- FP Complete is hiring Haskell contract programmers to work from anywhere. From (self.haskell), scored 89 with 17 comments.
- What are some killer libraries and frameworks unique to Haskell?. From (self.haskell), scored 87 with 149 comments.
- Cartesian Closed Comic #21: A question will be asked. From (ro-che.info), scored 64 with 17 comments.
- Haskell for all: Composable streaming folds. From (haskellforall.com), scored 56 with 38 comments.
- The Monad.Reader issue 22 is out. From (themonadreader.wordpress.com), scored 51 with 3 comments.
- Typo – A programming language that runs in Haskell's type system. From (github.com), scored 49 with 26 comments.
- tasty — a new testing framework (successor to test-framework). From (documentup.com), scored 45 with 33 comments.
- Get started with GHC development: a starting point for newcomers. From (ghc.haskell.org), scored 39 with 4 comments.
- John Carmack's talk on function programming, Haskell, Lisp, Scheme and concurrency. From (youtu.be), scored 38 with 3 comments.
- Daily Haskell Exercise. From (dailyhaskellexercise.tumblr.com), scored 37 with 13 comments.
- "Teach a kid functional programming and you feed her for a lifetime," says Huffington Post CTO. From (huffingtonpost.com), scored 27 with 6 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Functors and Applicatives for types of kind (* -> *) -> * votes: 15, answers: 1
- How do I correctly use Control.Exception.catch in Haskell? votes: 15, answers: 3
- Safer Handles in Haskell? votes: 13, answers: 1
- Typeably casting GADTs votes: 8, answers: 1
- Repa performance for planetary simulation votes: 7, answers: 0
- Transforming functions of type `a -> b` into those of type `String -> String` in Haskell votes: 7, answers: 2
- Resolving overlapping instances in external library votes: 6, answers: 1
- Cabal - Expose all modules while building library votes: 6, answers: 1
- What are Alternative's “some” and “many” useful for? votes: 6, answers: 4
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz