June 26, 2013

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 271

Welcome to issue 271 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of June 9 to 11, 2013.

Quotes of the Week

  • cmccann: also please note that "malign" remains one of my best function names ever
  • dolio: Peak file descriptors is a myth.
  • mami: i think my brain rewired for higher typesystem compatibility in my sleep
  • elliott: it's impure but only depending on the environment! which is to say it is impure.
  • johnw: lens makes one into a mutating ninja
  • applicativ: een my language we say Z for one
  • DavidJacobs: Code is like poetry; most of it shouldn't have been written.
  • merijn: If I could program with arbitrary real world side effects I'd use "unsafeStabComputerUser" if someone attempted that
  • shachaf: Hackage going down regularly is part of the rustic charm of Haskell!
  • shachaf: JavaScript is the best example of a domain-specific language. Because of the same-origin policy.
  • chrisdone: [on being invited to help with idris development] dude i've already got 20 yaks lined up waiting to be shaved, don't send me a whole truck full
  • shachaf: edwardk isn't benevolent or malevolent. edwardk is more of a simple mechanical process tending toward maximal complexity.
  • AndrejBauer: When have you ever heard a category theorist say: I want to prove this diagram commutes—Let's suppose it doesn't.

Top Reddit Stories

Top StackOverflow Questions

Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz

No comments: