April 3, 2013

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 264

Welcome to issue 264 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of March 17 to 30, 2013.

Quotes of the Week

  • ddarius: (f x) is a partial application iff f x == (curry (uncurry f) x)
  • flebron: "Hey, I am Haskell; and this is lazy; so here's a function; I'll call it, maybe."
  • WinstonChurchill: It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
  • ab9rf: (on duck typing) if you want a duck-submarine-employee-tomato, you can do that
  • johnw: Stealing lens from the gods, and then having my liver eaten out daily.
  • dibblego: scala puts road blocks in your way proportional to how effective you want to be
  • hiptobecubic: I want my programs to either be correct or violently explode
  • shachaf: edwardk will try to get you addicted to monoids. The first one is always free.
  • merijn: So apparently there's a footballer named lens, who played some important part in the match against the Netherlands... Which would explain the fact that twitter is telling me "lens" is trending, I was starting to think haskell had won the PL revolution with edwardk as our glorious leader ;)
  • elliott: all I want for christmas is a boring lambdabot.

Top Reddit Stories

Top StackOverflow Questions

Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz

No comments: