Welcome to issue 263 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of March 10 to 16, 2013.
Quotes of the Week
- shachaf: Did someone give edwardk a committee bit?
Top Reddit Stories
- Restored: the Haskell mailing list archives: 1990-2000. The lost books of Haskell. From (code.haskell.org), scored 71 with 9 comments.
- Dependently Typed Functional Programming with Idris [video]. From (vimeo.com), scored 49 with 20 comments.
- Snake game in Haskell. From (self.haskell), scored 48 with 19 comments.
- A simple graphical notation for lambda calculus. From (binarylambda.blogspot.com), scored 46 with 35 comments.
- Simon Peyton Jones on Adventures with types (Functional Programming eXchange 2013). From (skillsmatter.com), scored 46 with 27 comments.
- Guide to GHC Extensions (just some simple ones for now, will expand over time) - School of Haskell. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 42 with 25 comments.
- layers-0.1: Modular type class machinery for monad transformer stacks.. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 37 with 30 comments.
- Type Families and Pokemon: School of Haskell Pick of the Week. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 35 with 3 comments.
- Gale: an IDE for creating games in Haskell. From (youtube.com), scored 31 with 4 comments.
- What is the best way to make a simple web service in Haskell?. From (self.haskell), scored 31 with 34 comments.
- Wadler's Blog: Informatics 1: Functional Programming. From (wadler.blogspot.ro), scored 25 with 3 comments.
- Constructions on Typeclasses, Part 1: F-Algebras. From (lukepalmer.wordpress.com), scored 24 with 0 comments.
- cabal-dev updated on hackage. From (haskell.org), scored 24 with 37 comments.
- monoid-subclasses: ListLike-like, only built on sound theoretical foundations. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 22 with 24 comments.
- Introduction to Concurrent Haskell - Simon Marlow [FP Days Cambridge 2012]. From (infoq.com), scored 22 with 1 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Proposal for local data declarations / instances votes: 15, answers: 1
- What is the equivalent Haskell type for C99 bool when using FFI? votes: 14, answers: 2
- Disadvantages of using INLINABLE pragma votes: 13, answers: 1
- How to compare two lists in Haskell? votes: 11, answers: 4
- Haskell space usage compile time restrictions votes: 11, answers: 2
- haskell - Average floating point error using QuickCheck votes: 10, answers: 1
- Trying to understand function application operator in Haskell votes: 9, answers: 1
- Haskell equivalent to Scala's groupBy votes: 9, answers: 4
- (Num a) vs Integer type inference votes: 9, answers: 3
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz