Welcome to issue 258 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of February 03 to 09, 2013.
Quotes of the Week
- shachaf: The trouble with the lens rabbit hole is that there are a few of us here at the bottom, digging.
- monochrom: "a monad is like drinking water from a bottle without human mouth touching bottle mouth"
Top Reddit Stories
- GHCi 7.4.2 is finally working on ARM. From (luzhuomi.blogspot.com), scored 49 with 15 comments.
- Implementation of a Java Just In Time Compiler in Haskell. From (blog.wien.tomnetworks.com), scored 41 with 15 comments.
- I/O is pure. From (chris-taylor.github.com), scored 32 with 41 comments.
- Introduction to Haskell, Lecture 4 is Live (Pattern matching and Guards). From (shuklan.com), scored 28 with 7 comments.
- What makes comonads important?. From (self.haskell), scored 20 with 41 comments.
- OdHac, the Haskell Hackathon in Odessa. From (haskell.org), scored 18 with 2 comments.
- NYC Haskell Meetup Video: Building a Link Shortener with Haskell and Snap. From (vimeo.com), scored 18 with 3 comments.
- Evaluation-State Assertions in Haskell. From (joachim-breitner.de), scored 18 with 6 comments.
- A post about computational classical type theory. From (queuea9.wordpress.com), scored 17 with 14 comments.
- parellella has a forum board for haskell. anyone working in this direction?. From (forums.parallella.org), scored 13 with 5 comments.
- Haskell Lectures - University of Virginia (Nishant Shukla). From (shuklan.com), scored 13 with 3 comments.
- NYC Haskell Meetup Video: Coding and Reasoning with Purity, Strong Types and Monads. From (vimeo.com), scored 13 with 2 comments.
- Introducing fixed-points via Haskell. From (apfelmus.nfshost.com), scored 9 with 34 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Is spoon unsafe in Haskell? votes: 19, answers: 2
- What general structure does this type have? votes: 17, answers: 4
- Why aren't Nums Ords in Haskell? votes: 14, answers: 2
- Why does cabal install reinstall packages already in .cabal/lib votes: 12, answers: 1
- Free Monad of a Monad votes: 12, answers: 2
- Haskell pattern match “diverge” and ⊥ votes: 11, answers: 2
- How can one make a private copy of Hackage votes: 11, answers: 2
- Recursion Schemes in Agda votes: 9, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz