Welcome to issue 243 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of August 26 to September 01, 2012.
Quotes of the Week
- companion_cube: "I don't understand this article at all"
edwardk: "Well, when you finish reading it, here's a follow-up article"
Top Reddit Stories
- Parsing with Haskell and Attoparsec. From (newartisans.com), scored 64 with 8 comments.
- FRP - Release of reactive-banana-0.7. Finally features dynamic event switching!. From (apfelmus.nfshost.com), scored 48 with 21 comments.
- Combinatorrent - Writing Haskell Code for Fun and Profit [InfoQ]. From (infoq.com), scored 46 with 14 comments.
- Putting it all together -- Example project that pulls together Snap, Blaze, OpenId, IxSet, AcidState, and Sessions.. From (self.haskell), scored 34 with 3 comments.
- Invert the Inversion of Control. From (thev.net), scored 32 with 30 comments.
- A follow up on my initial experience and why there's still something immensely attractive about Haskell. From (binarysculpting.com), scored 27 with 19 comments.
- Haskim -- a convenient Haskell VIM distribution. From (github.com), scored 25 with 19 comments.
- Introducing Perdure: persistence for acyclic immutable data. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 23 with 12 comments.
- Existential types and data abstraction. From (iveselov.info), scored 22 with comments.
- I just realized that running monads is applying a left monad action. From (self.haskell), scored 20 with 63 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- How can I recover sharing in a GADT? votes: 14, answers: 2
- Constructing efficient monad instances on `Set` (and other containers with constraints) using the continuation monad votes: 13, answers: 2
- Numbers as multiplicative functions (weird but entertaining) votes: 12, answers: 1
- Game server in Haskell votes: 10, answers: 3
- Why doesn't sortBy take (a -> a -> Bool)? votes: 10, answers: 5
- Default type instances referring to each other votes: 9, answers: 1
- Applying a fixed-length-vector-function to the inital part of a longer fixed-length-vector votes: 9, answers: 2
- Haskell: example of function of type a -> a, besides the identity votes: 9, answers: 5
- Stack overflow when using Haskell sort function votes: 8, answers: 2
- How to navigate up inside a HUET Zipper votes: 7, answers: 2
- Haskell : reference to previously updated elements of list within the update function votes: 7, answers: 6
- Is there any way to make parsec report “shift-reduce” conflicts? votes: 7, answers: 1
- Haskell: how to write a monadic variadic function, with parameters using the monadic context votes: 7, answers: 1
- Haskell parMap and parallelism votes: 7, answers: 1
Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz