Welcome to issue 229 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of May 20 to 26, 2012.
Quotes of the Week
- Peaker: Harrop taught me that I am a team of experts
- applicative: Even if no one else understands me, still, the Glasgow Haskell Compiler understands me
- JoeyA: Answers in #haskell are automatically sorted by readability descending.
- monochrom: monochromism is a graph morphism that maps graphs to 1-colorable graphs :)
- sipa: can we write a TutorialMonad t ? which is used to build and combine monad tutorials?
Top Reddit Stories
- my Haskell project was 100% funded on Kickstarter. From (self.haskell), scored 125 with 22 comments.
- Building intuition for monads, without mentioning monads (Ertugrul Soylemez). From (haskell.org), scored 56 with 32 comments.
- A gamified tutorial on the sequent calculus. From (logitext.ezyang.scripts.mit.edu), scored 51 with 23 comments.
- pipes 2.0 - Pipe Finalization. From (haskellforall.com), scored 45 with 32 comments.
- HaskSymb, An Experiment in Haskell Symbolic Algebra. Feedback appreciated!. From (github.com), scored 36 with 34 comments.
- Using Ragel, Clang, LLVM and GHC to produce really fast stockmarket data parsers. From (breaks.for.alienz.org), scored 35 with 8 comments.
- Looks like Bryan finished importing Cabal issues to Github -- thanks!. From (github.com), scored 32 with 6 comments.
- What if haskellwiki were run by a Haskell wiki?. From (haskellwiki.gitit.net), scored 29 with 14 comments.
- New release of Elm available. Looking for feedback on the language so far.. From (self.haskell), scored 24 with 21 comments.
- Generics and Protocol Buffers. From (breaks.for.alienz.org), scored 17 with comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- What's the theoretical basis for existential types? votes: 32, answers: 3
- How can a gc find out about object references done from the stack? votes: 20, answers: 4
- Why is GHC complaining about non-exhaustive patterns? votes: 14, answers: 3
- Evolving data structure votes: 13, answers: 2
- What makes a good name for a helper function? votes: 11, answers: 5
- Haskell "Apply"? [closed] votes: 11, answers: 3
- Round to nearest integer votes: 10, answers: 1
- Haskell: lazy versus eager evaluation for insertion sort votes: 6, answers: 1
- Loss of polymorphism after pattern matching votes: 6, answers: 1
- Church-Rosser Theorem Example in a Functional Programming Language votes: 6, answers: 1
Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz