Welcome to issue 228 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of May 13 to 19, 2012.
Stefan Wehr issued a call for presentations for the Commercial Users of Functional Programmers (CUFP 2012) conference to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark during September 13 to 15, 2012.
Quotes of the Week
- * hpc measures understanding in angstroms per (second * liter) ^ (1/15)
Top Reddit Stories
- ANNOUNCE: forthcoming O'Reilly book on Parallel and Concurrent Haskell. From (haskell.org), scored 101 with 13 comments.
- GHC 7.6 will have support for deferred type errors. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 55 with 4 comments.
- What happens when you mix three research programming languages together. From (blog.ezyang.com), scored 41 with 7 comments.
- Keter: It's Alive! (Web app deployment system for Haskell). From (yesodweb.com), scored 35 with 6 comments.
- Reasoning about Stream Processing with Effects. From (personal.cis.strath.ac.uk), scored 26 with 26 comments.
- Patches for the new GHC-iPhone (v4) builds but needs a little more debugging. From (hip-to-be-square.com), scored 26 with 27 comments.
- Commutative Edits and Exceptions -- Categorically Dual(ish)?. From (bosker.wordpress.com), scored 24 with 2 comments.
- Parallel Haskell Digest 10: SPJ on Cloud Haskell, concurrent channels, meta-par, Accelerate, and StackOverflow'ing like crazy. From (well-typed.com), scored 21 with 3 comments.
- Interactive Programming with LambdaCalc. From (dynamicaspects.org), scored 20 with 6 comments.
- BitParser - RFC on a new parsing library for parsing data at the bit level. Similar in functionality to Erlang's bit syntax. From (github.com), scored 18 with 8 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Haskell: Between a list and a tuple votes: 10, answers: 3
- Why is it so uncommon to use type signatures in where clauses? votes: 9, answers: 4
- Is there any good Haskell indentation script for Vim? votes: 9, answers: 2
- Haskell “exceptions” votes: 8, answers: 2
- Is it possible to program and check invariants in haskell? votes: 8, answers: 3
- The “handle” function and Real World Haskell votes: 7, answers: 2
- Haskell: Flatten binary tree votes: 7, answers: 2
- How can I uninstall a version of a Cabal package? votes: 6, answers: 1
- Fault tolerant JSON parsing votes: 6, answers: 1
- Can a Haskell or Haskell OS thread waiting on Network.Socket.accept not be killed on Windows? votes: 6, answers: 1
- efficient functional data structure for finite bijections votes: 6, answers: 2
Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz