Welcome to issue 226 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of April 29 to May 5, 2012.
Quotes of the Week
- acowley: I write the most complicated bottoms
- Cale: OpenGL is the Rubik's Cube of graphics libraries. It's nearly impossible to change some things without affecting other things
Top Reddit Stories
- Life Without Objects. From (skipoleschris.blogspot.co.uk), scored 52 with 17 comments.
- New major release of the containers package. From (blog.johantibell.com), scored 52 with 25 comments.
- Haskell and the World: Encodings and the Common Misuse of ByteString. From (a-dimit.blogspot.com), scored 50 with 27 comments.
- How to write hybrid CPU/GPU programs with Haskell. From (parfunk.blogspot.com.au), scored 48 with 3 comments.
- phantom tainting with kind error messages. From (article.gmane.org), scored 35 with 5 comments.
- Annotated slides: Comparing Dynamic and Static Language Approaches to Web Frameworks (Rails vs Yesod). From (cs.kent.ac.uk), scored 32 with 11 comments.
- SPJ talk: Towards Haskell in the Cloud. From (skillsmatter.com), scored 30 with 16 comments.
- hotswap -- a simple, high level interface to plugins for hotswapping code. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 29 with 8 comments.
- Online Haskell typechecker. From (haskellonline.org), scored 29 with 12 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Algebraically interpreting polymorphism votes: 21, answers: 5
- Absolute value of negative zero - bug, or a part of the floating point standard? votes: 16, answers: 3
- how to implement doubly linked lists votes: 10, answers: 1
- GHC type inference for higher rank types - assigning to monotypes votes: 10, answers: 1
- Communication between Java and Haskell votes: 9, answers: 3
- Default constraint kinds are ignored votes: 9, answers: 2
- Scrap Your Boilerplate equivalent in Scala? votes: 7, answers: 1
- Does the chain function in underscore.js create a monad? votes: 7, answers: 1
- Why do Haskell list comprehensions with multiple generators treat the rightmost generator as the tightest loop? votes: 6, answers: 3
- Haskell records, cleaner approach? votes: 6, answers: 1
Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz