Welcome to issue 311 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from October 19 to 25, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- trap_exit: isn't darcs this haskell powered quantum physics simulator that happens to also keep revisions of files?
Top Reddit Stories
- "GHC uses GMP, and its performance is nothing short of extraordinary. GHC is clearly tuned to call into GMP with extremely low overheads.". From (wilfred.me.uk), scored 79 with 26 comments.
- Video games in Haskell: Chips Challenge demo. From (vimeo.com), scored 73 with 22 comments.
- HLint now spots bad unsafePerformIO. From (neilmitchell.blogspot.it), scored 56 with 29 comments.
- Seemingly impossible functional programs. From (math.andrej.com), scored 56 with 15 comments.
- New blog post: "Quasi-quoting DSLs for free". From (well-typed.com), scored 55 with 2 comments.
- Flocking behaviour simulation written using helm. Source in comments.. From (gfycat.com), scored 46 with 9 comments.
- Finished reading Learn You a Haskell, please recommend me book number 2:. From (self.haskell), scored 41 with 24 comments.
- Simple Haskell IRC client in "two lines of code". From (self.haskell), scored 40 with 62 comments.
- GPU Programming in Haskell (video). From (looprecur.com), scored 36 with 0 comments.
- Are there ANY good game engines for haskell?. From (self.haskell), scored 33 with 38 comments.
- Darcs turns 12. From (hub.darcs.net), scored 30 with 8 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Dependent Types: How is the dependent pair type analogous to a disjoint union? votes: 20, answers: 6
- How should I read this GHC Core “proof”? votes: 11, answers: 0
- more efficient type-level computations using type families? votes: 11, answers: 0
- How to make fmap rewrite rules fire? votes: 10, answers: 1
- A workaround for the “Template Haskell + C” bug? votes: 8, answers: 1
- Transform a -> a -> Maybe a to take any combination of a's and Maybe a's votes: 8, answers: 2
- Making numeric functions an instance of Num? votes: 7, answers: 2
- Inverting a Type Family votes: 7, answers: 2
- FRP frameworks and IO votes: 7, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz