Welcome to issue 298 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from June 15 to 28, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- Kinnison * imagines a radio station playing only things like 'Life tru a Lens', stuff by 'Dire States' or 'Monadonna'
Top Reddit Stories
- Today I published an introductory book on Haskell Data Analysis. From (haskelldata.com), scored 99 with 26 comments.
- Backpack: An ML-like module system for Haskell. From (plv.mpi-sws.org), scored 76 with 44 comments.
- Cgrep, a context-aware grep for source code.. From (awgn.github.io), scored 67 with 13 comments.
- Teenage Haskell. From (twdkz.wordpress.com), scored 63 with 7 comments.
- GHC 7.10 gains -XBinaryLiterals language syntax extensions. From (github.com), scored 63 with 14 comments.
- Haskelier - Haskell for the Advanced Layman. From (haskelier.tumblr.com), scored 59 with 26 comments.
- Barely Functional: Writing a Real Program in Haskell. From (ben.kirw.in), scored 57 with 36 comments.
- hmatrix 0.16 now BSD3 and with static dimension checking. From (github.com), scored 51 with 10 comments.
- Formatting: type-safe printf-like library by chrisdone. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 51 with 24 comments.
- Haskell 2014 accepted papers, with links (pull requests welcome). From (github.com), scored 50 with 5 comments.
- Real World Haskell - Outdated Parts?. From (self.haskell), scored 50 with 12 comments.
- I'm trying my hardest to learn this language and only get more and more discouraged.. From (self.haskell), scored 48 with 111 comments.
- Using f-algebras to produce a statically typed functional programming language. From (burz.github.io), scored 47 with 19 comments.
- 'ghc-make' released. From (neilmitchell.blogspot.de), scored 47 with 19 comments.
- A simple alternative to De Bruijn indexing, from ICFP 2013. From (pchiusano.io), scored 46 with 24 comments.
- Haskoin: A Haskell implementation of the Bitcoin protocol.. From (github.com), scored 44 with 0 comments.
- ANNOUNCE: STM-Containers. A hash map and hash set for STM. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 41 with 13 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Why does flooring infinity does not throw some error? votes: 14, answers: 1
- How long can the name of a type constructor be? votes: 12, answers: 1
- Difference between $ and () votes: 11, answers: 5
- Need advice on optimising Haskell data processing votes: 11, answers: 3
- Reconciling lens usage with database access votes: 11, answers: 1
- Why constraints on data are a bad thing? votes: 11, answers: 3
- Can I use template haskell to define missing functions? votes: 10, answers: 2
- Is there a reason we can't populate types with DataKinds? votes: 10, answers: 2
- Why is a built-in function applied to too few arguments considered to be in weak head normal form? votes: 10, answers: 2
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz