Welcome to issue 294 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from April 27 to May 3, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- roconnor: oh no. edwardk and I can never meet otherwise it will be revealed that I am actually him in a very short costume.
- edwardk: I'm a product mostly of old Wadler monad papers and TaPL with some Cale thrown in.
- benzrf: zippers are fun / they are zippy! / anyway bye
Top Reddit Stories
- Nikki and the Robots (FOSS Haskell game) has been greenlit on Steam. From (steamcommunity.com), scored 130 with 7 comments.
- So I re-implemented Freenet in Haskell, what now?. From (self.haskell), scored 85 with 34 comments.
- Meditations on learning Haskell from an ex-Clojure user. From (bitemyapp.com), scored 79 with 113 comments.
- The printer Haskell deserves. From (chrisdone.com), scored 77 with 24 comments.
- Erik Meijer: The Curse of the Excluded Middle. From (queue.acm.org), scored 76 with 93 comments.
- My road to Haskell. From (alfredodinapoli.com), scored 74 with 40 comments.
- The Identity monad trick. From (chrisdone.com), scored 58 with 62 comments.
- ekg 0.4 released. From (blog.johantibell.com), scored 57 with 5 comments.
- Evan Czaplicki: Stop saying "the ___ monad". From (groups.google.com), scored 54 with 56 comments.
- Thinking in Types. From (robots.thoughtbot.com), scored 47 with 28 comments.
- Disemboweling WAI (aka gutting out conduit). From (yesodweb.com), scored 46 with 102 comments.
- GHC Status Report, May 2014. From (ghc.haskell.org), scored 44 with 14 comments.
- What Do You Think Is Impeding Haskell From Getting Mainstream Adoption?. From (forbes.com), scored 44 with 237 comments.
- Pattern Synonyms for Dates and an IRC Bot. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 43 with 15 comments.
- Elm 0.12.1 - Fast Immutable Arrays. From (elm-lang.org), scored 40 with 6 comments.
- PureScript 0.5 Released. From (github.com), scored 38 with 24 comments.
- Why category theory matters. From (rs.io), scored 38 with 36 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- What is a good reason to use a type signature for functions when the compiler can infer the types votes: 14, answers: 4
- Difference between Monad and Applicative in Haskell votes: 9, answers: 5
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz