Welcome to issue 269 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of May 26 to June 1, 2013.
Quotes of the Week
- neutrino: i've been teaching people about functional programming etc (when I came in there was exactly 0 knowledge about this, after I joined that changed, but not sure in which direction)
Top Reddit Stories
- Haskell Platform 2013.2.0.0 is out. From (haskell.org), scored 103 with 19 comments.
- Elm & Prezi: I'm now working on Elm full-time!. From (elm-lang.org), scored 96 with 18 comments.
- ANN: Idris 0.9.8 released. From (idris-lang.org), scored 54 with 58 comments.
- Type-Safe Runtime Code Generation with (Typed) Template Haskell. From (gmainland.blogspot.co.uk), scored 54 with 17 comments.
- Elm 0.8 released! Type annotations and aliases, better HTML/JS integration, and lots more. From (elm-lang.org), scored 50 with 10 comments.
- Why did the Haskeller need to replace his keyboard regularly?. From (self.haskell), scored 48 with 9 comments.
- Towards a better Haskell package. From (fvisser.nl), scored 40 with 26 comments.
- What does the Haskell runtime look like?. From (self.haskell), scored 37 with 17 comments.
- The AST Typing Problem. From (blog.ezyang.com), scored 33 with 14 comments.
- [haskell.org Google Summer of Code 2013] Approved Projects. From (haskell.org), scored 28 with 10 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- What's the best way to exit a Haskell program? votes: 25, answers: 1
- Haskell Conduit: One processing conduit, 2 IO sources of the same type votes: 23, answers: 0
- Why is length of “Níðhöggr” 9? votes: 22, answers: 2
- What is a solid example of something that can be done with list comprehensions that is tricky with high order functions? votes: 11, answers: 5
- Fibonacci Seq. strange output forms (Haskell) votes: 10, answers: 2
- Gnuplot in Haskell: don't enter gnuplot terminal votes: 10, answers: 0
- Haskell: YesNo type class. Why Integer? votes: 10, answers: 3
- Is it possible to use extended precision (80-bit) floating point arithmetic in GHC/Haskell? votes: 9, answers: 1
- Having trouble understanding list comprehensions votes: 9, answers: 2
- What is the rule of the order of multiple type variables in haskell? votes: 9, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz