Welcome to issue 261 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of February 24 to March 02, 2013.
Quotes of the Week
- EvilMachine: I always picture some poor mutant guy whose every body part looks alike in the deepest depths of the dark ages going to the doc, and being told he has “monomorphism”.
- pmk: the last time i asked GHC to compile a function with forty (.)'s in a row, it took over an hour
Top Reddit Stories
- Some draft chapters of "Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell" available online for comment. From (self.haskell), scored 79 with 40 comments.
- Hulk: A Haskell IRC server - Nice example of real world monad without IO. From (chrisdone.com), scored 62 with 18 comments.
- Hole-driven Haskell. From (matthew.brecknell.net), scored 59 with 52 comments.
- Chasing a Space Leak in Shake: Profiling, reduction, digging thru stacks. From (neilmitchell.blogspot.com), scored 46 with 11 comments.
- Haskell patterns ad nauseam. From (yaxu.org), scored 39 with 2 comments.
- Cross Compiling for iOS with GHC. From (hackage.haskell.org), scored 35 with 18 comments.
- From Set Theory to Type Theory. From (golem.ph.utexas.edu), scored 35 with 8 comments.
- EclipseFP 2.5.0 released: cabal-dev support, import cleaning, and more. From (jpmoresmau.blogspot.fr), scored 31 with 0 comments.
- Michael Snoyman's overview of the new conduit 1.0, on School of Haskell. From (haskell.fpcomplete.com), scored 31 with 11 comments.
- How is Haskell tackling the multicore problem? - Simon Marlow. From (youtube.com), scored 28 with 5 comments.
- Generics and Protocol Buffers... now on Hackage. From (breaks.for.alienz.org), scored 28 with 5 comments.
- Demonstrating tidal - haskell music patterns in action. From (blog.lurk.org), scored 24 with 5 comments.
- GHC iOS Packages. From (github.com), scored 23 with 5 comments.
- SoH tutorial: a regular expression matcher using continuations. From (haskell.fpcomplete.com), scored 22 with 4 comments.
- [nyc-haskell] Greg Wright - A Purely Symbolic Effort in Mathematics. From (vimeo.com), scored 22 with 6 comments.
- ANN: clckwrks 0.16 Haskell blog/CMS platform released. Includes a screencast demonstrating clckwrks features.. From (clckwrks.com), scored 20 with 2 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Do Hask or Agda have equalisers? votes: 23, answers: 2
- Prove idempotency of type-level disjunction votes: 17, answers: 2
- Internal representation of Haskell lists? votes: 16, answers: 2
- GHC Generating Redundant Core Operations votes: 15, answers: 1
- eliminating repetition in cabal files votes: 14, answers: 0
- Translate from monad to applicative votes: 12, answers: 3
- Memoizing multiplication votes: 10, answers: 2
- Most efficient way to seek around in a large file votes: 9, answers: 1
- Does Haskell optimizer utilize memoization for repeated function calls in a scope? votes: 9, answers: 3
- Existential type in higher order function votes: 9, answers: 1
- Haskell `ncurses` library votes: 9, answers: 2
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz