Welcome to issue 236 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of July 8 to 14, 2012.
Quotes of the Week
- RichardBuckminsterFuller: When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know that it is wrong.
- Taneb: I'm doing the thing that every bored haskeller does one day and rewriting Prelude
Top Reddit Stories
- Haskell Performance Patterns. From (johantibell.com), scored 71 with 34 comments.
- Code Us Some Roguelike in Haskell!. From (jamiltron.com), scored 55 with 19 comments.
- I never tested this code before releasing it - Confession of a Haskell Hacker. From (r6.ca), scored 51 with 48 comments.
- Breaking from a loop. From (haskellforall.com), scored 37 with 19 comments.
- The Classy Prelude, an alternate prelude which makes it easier to use conflicting names via typeclasses, and thereby encourages usage of more powerful libraries like text and unordered-containers.. From (yesodweb.com), scored 35 with 46 comments.
- The Long and Epic Journey of LambdaCase. From (unknownparallel.wordpress.com), scored 33 with 52 comments.
- How is this fibonacci-function memoized?. From (stackoverflow.com), scored 33 with 1 comments.
- errors-1.0: Simplified error handling. From (haskellforall.com), scored 30 with 31 comments.
- Influenced by Haskell. From (griffsgraphs.com), scored 30 with 29 comments.
- Experience Report: Haskell in Computational Biology (Daniels, Gallant, Ramsey)[pdf 7 pp]. From (eecs.tufts.edu), scored 30 with 11 comments.
- == for Float not referentially transparent. From (haskell.org), scored 23 with 51 comments.
- My second attempt at writing Haskell. From (self.haskell), scored 21 with 27 comments.
- Announcing split-channel << Melding Monads. From (blog.melding-monads.com), scored 20 with 16 comments.
- Deriving the Y combinator from first principles. From (wellnowwhat.net), scored 18 with 12 comments.
- Announcing WAI 1.3!. From (yesodweb.com), scored 18 with 11 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- How is this fibonacci-function memoized? votes: 43, answers: 3
- What is the combinatory logic equivalent of intuitionistic type theory? votes: 39, answers: 0
- Does Haskell have return type overloading? votes: 15, answers: 5
- Is there a way to avoid unnecessary recursion? votes: 12, answers: 2
- Using vectors for performance improvement in Haskell votes: 12, answers: 2
- Eliminate Haskell array bounds check for Bounded type? votes: 11, answers: 1
- Having my cereal and parsing it too votes: 8, answers: 2
- How does HOpenGL behave with regards to other threads and TChans in Haskell? votes: 8, answers: 2
- Number of arguments and point-free in Haskell votes: 8, answers: 2
- Haskell: Design pattern: classes or pass functions votes: 7, answers: 3
- Haskell -- sort list with impure function votes: 7, answers: 4
Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz