Welcome to issue 234 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the week of June 24 to 30, 2012.
Quotes of the Week
- monochrom: shae ericsson is shae erisson's evil twin who prefers erlang to haskell :)
- shapr: If I were to do this in Python, it would be done by now. and it would be full of bugs.
Top Reddit Stories
- Performance: yes, it's worth looking at the small stuff. From (serpentine.com), scored 61 with 11 comments.
- Awesome Haskell plugins for Vim!. From (self.haskell), scored 61 with 32 comments.
- Galois is Hiring!. From (haskell.org), scored 56 with 7 comments.
- Haskell Symposium 2012 list of accepted papers. From (haskell.org), scored 43 with 12 comments.
- Live coding the game of Sokoban with GUI. Please give me your input for future sessions.. From (youtu.be), scored 42 with 38 comments.
- Mirrored Lenses. From (comonad.com), scored 36 with 30 comments.
- The Game of Distributed Systems Programming. Which Level Are You? -- Incubaid Research. From (blog.incubaid.com), scored 30 with 7 comments.
- SugarHaskell: language extensions in sugar modules[pdf]. From (informatik.uni-marburg.de), scored 27 with 7 comments.
- parallel cabal-install patches. From (haskell.org), scored 26 with 4 comments.
- Is anybody using Sublime Text for their Haskell editing?. From (self.haskell), scored 19 with 16 comments.
- Runge-Kutta in Haskell (RK4). From (stochastix.wordpress.com), scored 19 with 7 comments.
- How to build an example proxy server using conduit 0.5. From (yesodweb.com), scored 19 with 14 comments.
- Found myself wanting lambda-case again. From (self.haskell), scored 16 with 13 comments.
- What is the advantage of monad transformers over monad coproducts?. From (self.haskell), scored 16 with 28 comments.
- Scribd's AI Challenge Now Supports Haskell. From (groups.google.com), scored 14 with 6 comments.
- EclipseFP: integrating stylish-haskell. From (jpmoresmau.blogspot.fr), scored 11 with comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- Bug in Data.Map implementation? votes: 15, answers: 1
- Monads with Join() instead of Bind() votes: 15, answers: 6
- Haskell numbers and type system? votes: 11, answers: 2
- How to put constraints on the associated data? votes: 10, answers: 2
- How to run Snap haskell webapp in production? votes: 9, answers: 3
- How can I search a hackage package for a function? votes: 8, answers: 2
- In Haskell, + is a function, (+ 2) is a function, (+ 2 3) is 5. What exactly is going on there? votes: 8, answers: 4
- How can I emulate pointers in Haskell? votes: 8, answers: 1
- Haskell Precedence: Lambda and operator votes: 8, answers: 2
- Binding name in type signature using DataKind votes: 8, answers: 2
- Missing something with Reader monad - passing the damn thing around everywhere votes: 7, answers: 5
Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz