May 11, 2011

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 181

Welcome to issue 181 of the HWN, a newsletter covering developments in the Haskell community. This release covers the week of May 1 to 7, 2011.

Announcements

Last week I failed to note the announcement of a new version of Leksah (0.10.0). If you haven't yet, give Leksha a test run and send some feedback!

Ketil Malde started a thread about Robert Harper's thoughts on monads and laziness.

Hakim Cassimally extended an invitation to anyone living in the Northwest UK for Tuesday May 31st to Geekup's first ever "Functional Programming Night".

Andy announced a new release of Manatee (0.2.1).

Quotes of the Week

  • hpc: [SPOILER] You can check wikipedia for the definition of fibonacci sequences if you get stuck after half an hour
  • pmetzger: it is always possible to make an algorithm slower. just give it to a CS freshman to code up.
  • kmc: ghc -XMixfixOperators -XDependentTypes -XMakeMeASandwich
  • pmetzger: I have my password tattooed to my forehead. that way when I forget it others can tell me what it is.
  • alexbagel: i find that my first 26 variables are always easy to name. after that it becomes a bit harder.
  • Eric Kow: Haskell is a good fit for me because I tend to practise Doh!-oriented programming

Top Reddit Stories

Top StackOverflow Questions

About the Haskell Weekly News

To help create new editions of this newsletter, please send stories to dstcruz@gmail.com.

Until next time,
Daniel Santa Cruz

No comments: